POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An observation : Re: An observation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An observation
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Oct 2010 11:57:49
Message: <4cc84bfd$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:33:21 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Yep.  And airline information boards (always fun to see one of those
>> bluescreened) and here in Utah, the light rail system ticket kiosks as
>> well.
>
> Well, everyone has their problems.

Sure, that happens with complex systems.

> I've not been on an airplane flight
> in the last 5 years or so that the Linux-based seat-back system didn't
> have to be rebooted in flight, for example.

I've not had that experience myself.  I'd be really surprised if that was
a regular occurrence, given that my Linux boxes all are used much more
heavily and generally only need to be rebooted after a kernel patch is
applied.  I think it's been about 5-7 years since my last actual kernel
panic.

Jim