POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An observation : Re: An observation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An observation
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Oct 2010 11:55:50
Message: <4cc84b86$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:19:29 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> Support? Oh, you mean, "Turn it off, wait 30 seconds, and turn it on
> again. Unless the web service the kiosk is "actually" running from is
> down, this should fix it (well, at least for a few days...)"

It's always a little more involved than that when it comes to a kiosk.
Sure, fixing the kiosk is easy, fixing the kiosk in the context of a
larger infrastructure is more involved.

I think it's fair/safe to say that ATMs are not stand-alone devices, but
rather that they're connected into a network and thus "support" involves
more than just "turn it off, turn it on" if the problem is device support
or network support.

Jim