POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blowing your own trumpet : Re: Blowing your own trumpet Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blowing your own trumpet
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Oct 2010 11:53:30
Message: <4cc84afa$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:36:33 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> OK, so there's 4 thick, chunky paragraphs explaining just what a bad-ass
> I am. Are prospective employers going to care? Not really, no.

I'd second what Francois said - positive spin on things like "no formal
training" is good (ie, "self-taught", which says "self-motivated" to a
prospective employer).

Also remember that spelling and grammar count.  I learned interview
techniques from a lawyer, and she pointed out that the way people write
gives an impression of how they work.  If they're sloppy in their
writing, chances are good that they're sloppy in their work.

Do they ask for 3 *professional* references, or 3 references?  Some
companies want more than just professional references because they can
find out more about a person's character from their friends.  In most
cases, personal references are not a problem at all.

Good luck!

Jim