POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An observation : Re: An observation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An observation
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Oct 2010 20:31:38
Message: <4cc772ea$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Why on earth would you pay vast sums of money to use software that only
> provides features that you don't actually need?

Because it provides the features you *do* need.

When I was working with the vending machines, nobody made a device that
would take in bills and make change that could be driven from Linux, for
example.

Plus, if you pass the cost on to the customer, it's not that big an expense
compared to buying the machine and the software *you* wrote to start with.
If you're selling a $5000 machine with $9000 of custom software on it, are
you really going to bitch at $75 of Windows licenses?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: