POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An observation : Re: An observation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An observation
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 26 Oct 2010 19:16:38
Message: <4cc76156$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/26/2010 12:53 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Wikipedia asserts that many newer ATMs run Windows - which would be
>> extremely disturbing if true...
>
> You would be amazed at how many cash registers, ATMs, and even vending
> machines are actually running Windows.

No kidding. You can tell at the store I work at. Not just when you have
to reboot, and it says so, but by the fact that updates to the registers
lag the whole network, printing daily reports.. lags the system for
hours *after* the process completes, pressing the wrong button causes
the entire secondary "customer" price listing screen to malfunction and
show Cyrillic, or something.. Its a damn mess, and I am constantly
surprised that the whole system doesn't crash (well, more often than
once ever 6 months, which *does* seem to happen).

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {