POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An observation : Re: An observation Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:11:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An observation
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 26 Oct 2010 07:54:36
Message: <4cc6c17c$1@news.povray.org>
Le 26/10/2010 12:26, Invisible a écrit :
> Fact: Lots of people apparently have trouble operating computers.
>
> Fact: An ATM is a computer.
>
> Fact: In the 30 years I've been alive, I have never met anybody anywhere
> on Earth who has even the slightest difficulty figuring out how to work
> an ATM - with no instruction manual.
>
> I wonder how they do that?

People pay ATTENTION when it's about their money!

Interaction with ATM is limited to a short period, and one operation.

Interaction with ATM is motivated with immediate need.

ATM only offers basic & hierarchical & expectable choice:
 - what is your code ? (keyboard with 10 digits, 2 extra key (ok, cancel))
 - how much do you want ? (enter number or push 1 button)
 - do you agree with the fee ? (yes/no)

Compare to a programming computer's environment: keyboard is 105+ keys,
there is no questions, and people do not even think about the
specifications of what they will be doing for the next week!