POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New computer : New computer Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:12:08 EDT (-0400)
  New computer
From: Tim Cook
Date: 25 Oct 2010 01:02:12
Message: <4cc50f54$1@news.povray.org>
Intel i7-950 with 2x4 GB DDR3-1333 memory, Win7 64-bit, Radeon 5770
video card.  Price: $1235 (which is pretty darn close to the individual
components I priced out separately, so the place that built it either
does it almost at cost, or gets components a lot cheaper than street price).

Can play Portal at 1920x1200 with all settings maxed out no problem.
(That and Thief 3 are probably the only two games I have that the Radeon
won't giggle at me behind my back for using it to run...)

Now the not-so-off-topic stuff:

running a render in POV 3.5 (since I use Moray to build scenes), not
even a quarter done after four hours
get fed up, load the .pov file in POV 3.7 beta 39...it renders in 28
minutes.

!!

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

a bit washed-out, though.  probably the gamma setting?  really need to
learn how to use naked POV without going through Moray for purposes of
animation.

--
Tim Cook