POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ha! I knew I wasn't crazy : Re: Ha! I knew I wasn't crazy Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:11:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ha! I knew I wasn't crazy
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Oct 2010 12:58:36
Message: <4cc1c2bc$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I don't know what "abstract class" means in other languages,

That's pretty standard terminology, yes.

I see that over the last couple of years, Google has pushed the correct
definition of "abstract data type" up to the top, which is good.

Example incorrect definitions:

http://www.desy.de/gna/html/cc/Tutorial/node4.html

http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia_term/0,2542,t=abstract+data+type&i=37349,00.asp

http://www.allinterview.com/showanswers/10639.html

It used to be the top two or three pages of google hits were all pointing to
notes in university lectures that basically confused "abstract data type"
with "object-oriented data abstraction".

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: