POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming language discussion : Re: Programming language discussion Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programming language discussion
From: nemesis
Date: 22 Oct 2010 12:45:40
Message: <4cc1bfb4$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New escreveu:
> http://journal.stuffwithstuff.com/2010/10/21/the-language-i-wish-go-was/
>
> An interesting look into some problems we've solved and why. (The fact
> that it's phrased as "Go is missing this" isn't what's interesting.)

I've read that before on reddit.  Is that a co-worker or a pseudonym? :)

This kind of thing only happen to multilingual programmers:  they are
always annoyed at the fact that their fav pet abstractions are scattered
among their favorite programming languages and either involve a
performance penalty or expressivity/flexibility penalty...

Guys who think all languages are the same and just choose the most
popular suffer from no such headaches... :p

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9