POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ha! I knew I wasn't crazy : Re: Ha! I knew I wasn't crazy Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ha! I knew I wasn't crazy
From: Warp
Date: 22 Oct 2010 12:39:30
Message: <4cc1be42@news.povray.org>
> I.e., bunches of people don't know the difference between "abstract data
> type" and "abstract class".  And then I think *you* told me "no, an abstract
> data type is a class without implementations, and an algebraic data type is
> what you think you're calling an abstract data type."

  I don't know what "abstract class" means in other languages, but at least
in C++ it means a class that cannot be directly instantiated (the only way
to use it is to inherit from it). In other words, a bit like an interface
(but with the possibility of having member variables and function
implementations).

--
                                                          - Warp