POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interactive Huffman compression : Interactive Huffman compression Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Interactive Huffman compression
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Oct 2010 09:41:06
Message: <4cc19472@news.povray.org>
OK, so it's taken me an entire week to code this up. See what you think
of it. It definitely works in Firefox 3.5.13, but realistically it ought
to work with anything that supports XHTML, SVG, JavaScript and DOM
manipulations.

To use it, just unzip everything into the same folder, and open the
XHTML page. Hopefully the controls and the display are self-explanatory.
(Assuming you know what Huffman codes *are*, of course!)

PS. Yes, I know decoding doesn't work.

PPS. Yes, I know it's slower than continental drift.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'huffman-06.zip' (11 KB)