POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Made me laugh... : Re: Made me laugh... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Made me laugh...
From: Warp
Date: 21 Oct 2010 11:50:19
Message: <4cc0613b@news.povray.org>
> >   (It's also possible that if such a superuniverse exists, it's so different
> > from our "sub-universe" that humans have no way of comprehending it nor
> > expressing the laws that govern it. Maybe by its nature its very existence
> > is completely equivalent to a paradox or impossibility to us. Maybe the
> > laws of our universe are not a "subset" at all, but a set of completely
> > different and random physical laws which formed inside this "bubble" that
> > is our universe, and which are completely separate and independent from
> > the superuniverse where this "bubble" appeared.)

> Agreed.  That's also possible, but much less interesting to speculate about. :-)

  I think it's an interesting possibility in one aspect: The Big Question
has always been: Where did everything come from?

  If the physical laws of the hypothetical superuniverse are drastically
different from ours, that question might actually not make any sense there.
Maybe there is no time there, and hence no beginning to anything. Maybe the
whole concept of time and things having to have a "beginning" is completely
nonsensical in the superuniverse. Maybe the concept of time exists only
inside this bubble that forms our Universe, but not outside. Maybe the
closest concept that we can come up with to explain the superuniverse is
that "it has always existed" (even though "always" implies some kind of
timeline which, as said, might be a completely nonsensical notion in the
superuniverse). Maybe what we consider the "big bang" and the "expanding
universe" from inside here, is something completely different from the
outside.

--
                                                          - Warp