POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Cannot find source file : Re: Cannot find source file Server Time
28 Sep 2024 15:09:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cannot find source file
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 21 Oct 2010 06:53:47
Message: <4cc01bbb$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/21/2010 05:53 AM, 43oasis wrote:
> Hello
> While running PovRay 3.7/39 (but I got the same pb with earlier releases)
> through an INI script on long (several hundreds) sequences of images, after some
> time, PovRay stop, and I get a message like the subject of this post. The path
> and name of the supposedly missing file, displayed in the message window, are
> absolutely correct. If I restart the script, restricted to the end of the
> sequence, things go on for a few steps, then block again. And so on. If I
> restart PovRay, things go on for a large number of steps.
> Is there some kind of pile, with an adjustable length ?
> Windows Vista Home Premium, Intel Q6600, 4Go memory, plenty of disk space.
> Many thanks !
> 43oasis

Has your process ever worked? In your opening sentence you seem to be
saying that you've had the same problem with previous releases? Does
your process work on version 3.6 ... if so maybe this news group is
where you need to be. If you're trying to debug a new process, perhaps
one of the other news groups would be a better fit. Does your scene
render fine on it's own? Maybe your INI file needs some work. A tiny bit
more detail would be helpful.