POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Firebug : Re: Firebug Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Firebug
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Oct 2010 02:23:00
Message: <4cbfdc44@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> On 10/20/2010 11:25 AM, nemesis wrote:
>>
>> as Darren said. Works the same in Delphi.
>>

> Or, for that matter, the Visual Studio debugger, FWIW. But, Visual
> studio does something "clever": It moves the breakpoint if its not on a
> valid line to the next valid line once it has the debugging info for the
> module the code file belongs to.

I thought it was kind of funky-clever how they figured out when a statement
ended.  They analyze the code and count pushes and pops, and a statement
ends when the evaluation stack pops the last value off.  That's the
definition of "one statement" in the CIL - the code between the first push
and the matching pop that empties the data/operand stack.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: