POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Made me laugh... : Re: Made me laugh... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Made me laugh...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 20 Oct 2010 17:06:29
Message: <4cbf59d5$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/20/2010 9:01 AM, Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Darren's assertion is one I find implausible,
>
> You find it implausible that someone could believe in Jesus without
> believing in CIA mind-control beams, moon trip hoaxes, and space aliens
> making crop circles?
>
> You find it implausible that someone could believe in God, but not
> believe Jesus is his son, or that Mohamed or John Smith spoke to him
> directly?
>
> You find it implausible that someone could believe Mohamed is the one
> true prophet, but there aren't any Thetans living inside people?

No, I find it implausible that someone can **only** believe in the
specific mythology of their religion, without taking on, at bare
minimum, Altie medicine, *or*, therapeutic touch, *or* astrology, *or*
at least **one**, of not far more, other goofy ideas. I am not
advocating that they will automatically believe in any *specific* random
idea you might name, just at least one or more of the myriad absurdities
people also believe in. Want to bet how many Jesus nuts fell for "The
Secret!", for example?

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {