POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Made me laugh... : Re: Made me laugh... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Made me laugh...
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Oct 2010 11:58:24
Message: <4cbf11a0$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> On 10/18/2010 8:41 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>>> there is a marked difference between "still accepted" beliefs, and
>>> those rejected as mythology.
>>
>> Which one of those examples do you think is not still accepted beliefs?
>>
> As far as I know, flying horses and golden plates are *not* in that
> category, which is what the later part of my posting relates to.

You are uneducated.

> theist invariably lumps such things into,

That hasn't been my experience.

> Sadly, this is not uncommon. However, many, including myself, have
> argued that you cannot have such a drastic error in thinking, and not
> have it spill over into your own discipline,

Huh. Odd. Some of the smartest people I know doing computers are devoutly
religious. I can't imagine why you'd think that belief that Jesus sacrificed
himself to save you would interfere with your ability to design computer
software, for example.

> I flat out do not believe

So, in other words, "seems reasonable, so I have faith that it is so"?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: