POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Made me laugh... : Re: Made me laugh... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Made me laugh...
From: Warp
Date: 19 Oct 2010 12:41:17
Message: <4cbdca2d@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   Seldom have I seen a person strongly believing in one type of pseudoscience
> > or supernatural phenomena, and adamantly denying the existence of another,

> Well, other than organized religion. :-)  I know lots of devout religious
> people who don't believe in any other religion's supernatural phenomena and
> who don't believe in UFOs or other conspiracy theories.

  I'm not so sure of that. I suppose it depends a lot on the movement inside
the religion, the local church/congregation and the individual person.

  Many religious people are quite predisposed to accept the existence of
all kinds of supernatural phenomena which are not part of the teachings
of their own religion. They simply state that it's the work of Satan (or
whatever antagonist the religion might have).

  There are also many movements of eg. Christianity where the people are
quite predisposed to believe in conspiracy theories, such as Freemasons
being a NWO secret cult which is secretly pulling the strings behind the
scenes and are aiming at total world domination. (And all this simply
because someone *told* them that.)

--
                                                          - Warp