POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Out of memory with many transparent objects : Re: Out of memory with many transparent objects Server Time
28 Jun 2024 12:02:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Out of memory with many transparent objects
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 19 Oct 2010 11:59:21
Message: <4cbdc059$1@news.povray.org>
Le 19/10/2010 17:03, Christian Froeschlin nous fit lire :
> Le_Forgeron wrote:
>
>> max level 2: same, + each ray get a reflections
>
> the test scene is not using any reflection
>
>> In fact, could you try to reduce max trace level (low enough, such as 1
>> or 2), and does it remove the memory issue ?
>
> using max_trace_level 1 does not change anything

Good news: I can reproduce (Linux 64 bits, beta39+)

Fatal error in renderer: Out of memory.
Render failed

I have far enough memory, and not even allocating...

replacing plane with sphere is ok; as is box;

removing the t part does not solves anything (of rgbt)

64 is ok too. but not 65.