POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : texture_map interpolation : Re: texture_map interpolation Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture_map interpolation
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 19 Oct 2010 09:40:00
Message: <4cbd9fb0$1@news.povray.org>
Le 19/10/2010 13:26, Christian Froeschlin a écrit :

> Why is the output different? In linear color space, wouldn't
> the apparent color of the texture be linearly dependent on the
> color of the pigment? To keep it simple I removed the light
> source in the below code so everything is just ambient.
>
> Tested using 3.7 beta 39.

Testing also 3.7 beta 39, windows, with 3 colours/textures (0, 0.5, 1:
white, black, green; in that order, with ambient 1 diffuse 0 reflection
0 and no light source)

Confirmed for:
==============
bozo
bumps
dents
granite
spotted

doubtful (but very possible, at least different):
=========
wrinkles

The color_map is darker, more greyish, less saturated (no pure white, no
pure green: no extreme 0 or 1)

if the colour are black, white, green (in that order), the color map is
more white

Replacing color_map with pigment_map has no effect.

Seems fine:
===========
agate
boxed