POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Install MegaPOV in Windows 7 : Re: Install MegaPOV in Windows 7 Server Time
30 Apr 2024 18:10:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Install MegaPOV in Windows 7
From: Alain
Date: 18 Oct 2010 21:22:48
Message: <4cbcf2e8$1@news.povray.org>

> I installed Pov-ray 3.7 and with some little changes on code I got this render:
>
> http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8692/modsmega.png
>
> I didn't remove the save_file/load_file because I dind't find that.
>
> And where are the ini files of megapov? I tried Tools>  Edit master, but this
> option doesn't exits.
>

>>> map_type 7 don't exist, you should transform the light probe to
>>> latitude-longitude format.
>
> I didn't do any thing like that.
>

> Sorry to only post here today and sorry for my total ignorance in this area but
> as I said this is not my area.
>

> Do you have some explation or advice to show me why my render is with this
> little white points?
>

> Thanks for everybody

Do you talk about the white pixels on the table? Or you are talking
about the curves and circles on the printed board?

On the tabble, it looks somewhat like a negative crand or stray, low
density, photons. It don't looks like it's a reflective surface, so, I
ruled out the reflection of a background.

On the mother board:
It could be photons.
It could be a strange problem with the texture.

Also, the texture on the top part of the metallic components is suspicious.

If your scene does have photons, try disabling it by commenting out the
protons block in the global_settings.

Check if you have any #default texture anywhere in your scene.

You use radiosity, try adjusting the parameters, the light and dark
molting on the connectors are not supposed to be there. Do you use an
HDR light probe? How did you used it? (sample code please)

Alain