POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : scanline predator : Re: scanline predator Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:28:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: scanline predator
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Oct 2010 18:33:37
Message: <4cba2841$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> dynamic shadowing using shadow volumes

I pretty much follow *how* that works, but I'm not sure why you would do
that over doing it some other way. It would seem that calculating the shadow
volumes is something relatively compute-intensive for something moving.

Is it a trade-off between computing the volumes and then being able to just
render things essentially once, rather than rendering the whole scene from
the POV of multiple lights or something?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: