POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A min-heap : Re: A min-heap Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A min-heap
From: Invisible
Date: 15 Oct 2010 10:14:58
Message: <4cb861e2$1@news.povray.org>
>> In Java, if you ask for an array of Pixel objects (i.e., "Pixel[]"),
>> what you get is an array of *pointers* to Pixel objects.
>
>    I think that in Java it's not completely correct to call them "pointers".

OK, fair enough. My point was simply that you don't get an array of
Pixel structures, you can an array of some kind of indirect reference to
Pixel structures. (As you rightly point out, they might be actual
pointers, or object table indices, or something else entirely...) My
point was merely that there's (at least one) level of indirection present.