POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bleeding edge : Re: Bleeding edge Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bleeding edge
From: Verm
Date: 15 Oct 2010 09:24:48
Message: <4cb85620$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> On 15/10/2010 09:52 AM, Invisible wrote:
>
>> What this means is that, in theory, it ought to be possible to write
>> some JavaScript which *draws pictures* inside a web page.
>>
>> Now I can go off, try this, waste several hours of my life, and discover
>> that it doesn't work at all. See you in a few hours. ;-)

I spent a fair amount of last year working on a UI in javascript, that
among other things allowed you to draw diagrams of how you wanted your
system's configured. You can do pretty much anything in javascript if
you feel like it. The time was mostly spent getting the app nicely
translated with proper logging etc and making the back end do it's thing
and configure the various server's as requested. The graphics was the
simple fun bit.

> Almost unbelievably, this insanity actually works!
>
> There are several snags along the way, however.
Several of these issues are solved by using a js library such as dojo
which aims to make it simpler to do decent ui stuff and makes it easier
(slightly less hard) to get stuff to work in the various different
browsers. The dojo test pages (that I can't currently find :- ( )
showoff a variety of effects.