POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bleeding edge : Bleeding edge Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Bleeding edge
From: Invisible
Date: 15 Oct 2010 04:52:25
Message: <4cb81649@news.povray.org>
Here's a thought...

XHTML is an XML language. SVG is an XML language. Theoretically that
means you could be able to embed SVG inside XHTML. So far so good.

By writing a little JavaScript, you can use the DOM to modify an
existing XHTML document, or even to generate entirely new content within
it. And since you can generate arbitrary XML content this way, that
means it should be possible to generate, say, SVG.

What this means is that, in theory, it ought to be possible to write
some JavaScript which *draws pictures* inside a web page.

Now I can go off, try this, waste several hours of my life, and discover
that it doesn't work at all. See you in a few hours. ;-)