POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Forgotten history : Re: Forgotten history Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Forgotten history
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Oct 2010 12:03:40
Message: <4cb5d85c$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_record_equipment
>
> Now there's interesting for you. (Or perhaps not, if you were alive at
> the time...) I never knew this stuff existed.

I worked on those in High School.  (My high school was very
budget-constrained until their "mainframe" finally blew up.) I never learned
to program them, but I had a couple of programming boards at home for
antique value after they scrapped the machines.

My PhD advisor had one of the boards with his initials wired into it, but he
didn't know what it was. He just thought it was cool.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: