POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows XP and the Phantom Hardware : Re: Windows XP and the Phantom Hardware Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows XP and the Phantom Hardware
From: scott
Date: 13 Oct 2010 03:22:22
Message: <4cb55e2e@news.povray.org>
> Attached is a screen shot of the superfluous devices. I know for a fact
> that I don't have that many peripherals. Any help, or even a nudge in
> the right direction would be appreciated...

Unplug your mouse and keyboard in turn whilst watching device manager,
you'll see which entry is then related to those pieces of hardware.  Remove
everything else using device manager and reboot.  If it all comes back then
I'd look at my startup programs (Start->Run->msconfig->Startup) and remove
anything sounding like Virtual Keyboard Driver or related to your previous
hardware.  Maybe it helps?