POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More guitar : Re: More guitar Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More guitar
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Oct 2010 13:50:07
Message: <4cb34e4f$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Technically,
>> though, what Warp was doing wasn't a tremolo, but was vibrato (a slight
>> vibration in pitch). :-)
>
>   It seems that "tremolo" has wildly varying meanings depending on the
> context, the instrument and even different versions of the same instrument.

I understood it to mean that tremolo is playing two different notes in quick
succession, while vibrato is changing the pitch of one note. So you
technically wouldn't be able to do "vibrato" on a clarinet, but you could do
tremolo with fast fingers.

If an instrument doesn't have a digital pitch (i.e., trombone vs tuba,
violen vs clarinet, etc) then distinguishing the two can be confusing, I'd
guess.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: