POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More guitar : Re: More guitar Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More guitar
From: Warp
Date: 10 Oct 2010 13:26:55
Message: <4cb1f75e@news.povray.org>
> I'm a little surprised you can do tremolo that way on an instrument with
> frets.  Only a little surprised, mind, but I thought the idea of the frets
> was to make sure the string length was always the same even if your finger
> was a bit off.

  If you make a vibrating motion with your finger, it will change the
tension of the string just so slightly, giving you a slight tremolo
effect. Of course it's not as pronounced as you can do eg. on a violin
or other fretless instruments (where the tremolo is not really a question
of changing the tension of the string but its length), but clearly audible
nevertheless (especially if you emphasize it).

  Of course you could also pitch-bend by stretching the string upwards or
downwards, but that's not really a tremolo.

--
                                                          - Warp