POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mono out-.NETs Microsoft : Re: Mono out-.NETs Microsoft Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:14:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mono out-.NETs Microsoft
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Oct 2010 17:50:35
Message: <4caf922b$1@news.povray.org>

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/10/mono-28-released-with-full-support-for-c-40.ars

> until the headline tomorrow reads:  "Microsoft releases C# 5.0"

Actually, when I first read this, I thought Mono had released C# 5.0, which
is why I gave it the subject-line I did.

However, each version of C# really does stand on its own. If you just avoid
the 5.0 stuff until Mono catches up, you're good. It's not like people
aren't using 10-year-old C standards.
--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: