POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need a way to make a semi random "landscape". : Re: Need a way to make a semi random "landscape". Server Time
28 Apr 2024 00:04:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need a way to make a semi random "landscape".
From: Alain
Date: 7 Oct 2010 16:13:00
Message: <4cae29cc@news.povray.org>

> On 7/10/2010 13:37, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Any idea why Thunderbird sometimes completely screws up some messages? I
>> had to go to the web view to see this at all, since the copy in
>> Thunderbird was completely empty...
>
> I see this all the time, it's a highly annoying bug in Thunderbird that
> they don't seem to worry about fixing (I suspect because NNTP is fading out
> of popularity). If Thunderbird is still downloading messages (even for
> groups other than the one you are wanting to view), and you click on a new
> message, it will show up blank. The only way to force it to load at that
> point is to exit Thunderbird and re-start it.
There is no interference with e-mail.
I don't see that problem, maybe because I only get the heathers from the
news groups, and only download the messages as I read them.

>> Worse.. Somehow, the "reply to" for this went to you, rather than the
>> group... Resending it so it ends up there.. Very odd.. Wonder if it is
>
> Yes, that's TB's default for newsgroups. Doesn't seem to make sense to me
> either. I sometimes forget to do a followup to the NG and just hit reply -
> my fix to prevent such emails from being sent (thus ensuring I notice) is
> to set a custom (and invalid) SMTP server for the newsgroup account, rather
> than allowing it to use the global default SMTP server. Thus when it
> attempts to send the mail, it will fail.
>
> -- Chris

I always use TB and I never had any problem of replying to the sender
instead of the group. Without any special configuration, my replys
always goes to the group.

Alain