POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need a way to make a semi random "landscape". : Re: Need a way to make a semi random "landscape". Server Time
27 Apr 2024 12:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need a way to make a semi random "landscape".
From: Chris Cason
Date: 7 Oct 2010 15:38:28
Message: <4cae21b4@news.povray.org>
On 7/10/2010 13:37, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Any idea why Thunderbird sometimes completely screws up some messages? I
> had to go to the web view to see this at all, since the copy in
> Thunderbird was completely empty...

I see this all the time, it's a highly annoying bug in Thunderbird that
they don't seem to worry about fixing (I suspect because NNTP is fading out
of popularity). If Thunderbird is still downloading messages (even for
groups other than the one you are wanting to view), and you click on a new
message, it will show up blank. The only way to force it to load at that
point is to exit Thunderbird and re-start it.

> Worse.. Somehow, the "reply to" for this went to you, rather than the
> group... Resending it so it ends up there.. Very odd.. Wonder if it is

Yes, that's TB's default for newsgroups. Doesn't seem to make sense to me
either. I sometimes forget to do a followup to the NG and just hit reply -
my fix to prevent such emails from being sent (thus ensuring I notice) is
to set a custom (and invalid) SMTP server for the newsgroup account, rather
than allowing it to use the global default SMTP server. Thus when it
attempts to send the mail, it will fail.

-- Chris