POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Holy Wars : Re: Holy Wars Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Holy Wars
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Oct 2010 09:02:07
Message: <4cac734f@news.povray.org>
>>> Haskell sucks!
>>
>> Right. And what objective information are you basing that on?
>
> It's slow

This is easy to disprove.

A better statement might be "it's easy to accidentally make your code
very inefficient".

> and apparently very difficult to write anything with complex
> sound or graphics on Windows.

I'll give you that one.

(You don't need "complex" in there either. Just writing pixels onto the
screen is tricky under Windows, and I've *never* seen sound work at all.)

Things are improving in this direction, but there remains a long way to go.