POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Holy Wars : Re: Holy Wars Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Holy Wars
From: scott
Date: 6 Oct 2010 03:31:16
Message: <4cac25c4$1@news.povray.org>
> Well, I don't know any mechanics *personally*. But I've yet to see a bunch
> of them get into an irate shouting match about whether an adjustable
> spanner is better or worse than a well-made fixed spanner. You can see how
> there would be merits to both, and how some people might prefer one to the
> other, and they *could* spend months debating it... it's just that they
> don't.

Believe me, flame wars and "vigorous" debates are not confined to computing
related subjects.  I suspect you haven't seen such debates simply because
you mostly frequent computing-oriented newsgroups and forums?  Look up some
diesel vs petrol threads on car forums, a lot of people get pretty religious
about that.