POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Invisible: I'm surprised : Re: Invisible: I'm surprised Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:13:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invisible: I'm surprised
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 5 Oct 2010 09:39:37
Message: <4cab2a99$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/4/2010 10:47 AM, Invisible wrote:

> Note, though, that unlike Mathematica, you cannot write "2 Pi" or even
> "2 pi". You must write "2 * %pi". How irritating...

Its not so bad.... I suppose if the %(special character) notation
bothered you, you could technically define variables as the special
characters and use them instead. Heck, you could define a batch that
does this and include it in the init.

And .... what's with the lack of love for Lisp?

Though using * for multiplication is a bit annoying, It's not really a
dealbreaker for me. It still does a reasonably good job of solving and
expanding equations, and the wx version makes nice output. You can also
grab the output in TeX format, as well.

--
~Mike