POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Sphere_sweep doubt : Re: Sphere_sweep doubt Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:58:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere_sweep doubt
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 4 Oct 2010 15:53:08
Message: <4caa30a4$1@news.povray.org>
a_galli wrote:

> I am trying to draw several bonding wires between electronics components. I
> opted to use sphere_sweep because the wires should roughly follow a parabola.
> However, when I add too many instances to my design, only a small part of the
> wires is represented.

I can reproduce the problem in 3.7 beta 39 (although for me,
reducing the number of objects doesn't improve the situation).
Making them thicker seems to help but is not a real solution.
I think sphere_sweeps are rather known for being suspectible
to numerical problems. You could try if you can get away
with scaling a portion of a torus instead.