POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sintel : Re: Sintel Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sintel
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Oct 2010 18:43:30
Message: <4ca90712@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
 > His point is not that the info cannot be found, merely that the home page
is aimed at people who already know what the website is about.

Exactly. And, I might add, sintel.org isn't the worst offender. At least it
*has* an "about" link.

The worst offenders are the ones about libraries or programming languages or
something, where the only documentation (if any) is in the actual downloaded
code. So you have to download the thing to see if you even applies to the
same field of work you're engaged in.

I'll add the same for online news sites that don't date their articles,
online local news sites that don't tell you what state or country the news
is from, and stores that post hours on their web site without telling you
what timezone they're in.  :-)   </rant>