POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rocky Desert : Re: Rocky Desert Server Time
28 Apr 2024 06:56:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rocky Desert
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 Oct 2010 03:01:20
Message: <4ca6d8c0$1@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> schreef in bericht
> Following my usual pattern, I put aside everything else and followed the
> impulse to create this scene. Thankfully it was easy and quick to
> transform
> parts of prior scenes into this one.
>
> The snake is a mesh model found on archive3d.net.
>
> Rendered with radiosity, focal blur and aa in about 30 min.

As usual, good work, Jaime. Especially the rocks look very convincing. I am
a little bit less enthousiastic about the ground surface though, which looks
too smooth and shiny to me, showing its image map origin :-)  But I am sure
you are able to do something about that!

Thomas