POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Batman : Re: Batman Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Batman
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Oct 2010 12:41:31
Message: <4ca60f3b$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook v2 wrote:
> I'm assuming your playing it at the higher difficulty where they don't
> spider-sense telegraph their attacks.

Bad assumption. I just really suck at these kinds of games. ;-)

> As you say it's so different to
> just pounding buttons; not only do you have to watch the guy you're
> pummeling, but those closing in on you and even those further away who
> might be pulling something off the wall to throw at you or trying to
> open a weapons locker.

Yes. And the guys you can't block like with the knives and cattle prods.
Altho countering the guys with the pipes and thereby disarming them is nice.

> It's also nice to have the group pile on you rather than the polite
> "after you; no after you" discourse that seems to go on between groups
> of enemies.

Actually, that was one of the things I discovered that made it easier. I
realized I didn't have to mash because even with four or five around me, I
could wait until one was disarmed before attacking the next.

> The only thing about the controls that bothered me on the PS3 version
> was the special moves that required you to hit two face buttons at the
> same time; I hate those.

Same on the XBox, but since they're naturally in line with the thumb, it
doesn't seem a problem. It seems very reliable *if* the system is ready to
take the code. If the combo move has timed out or something you get a
totally useless move.

What bothers me more is that, for example, batarang is one left trigger,
hook is two right triggers, holding down either one for more than just an
instant takes you out of combat entirely, holding one button is "run" and
double-tapping the same button is dodge, etc.  Way too many different weird
controls, really. Too much overload that just isn't natural.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: