POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Issue with multiplied pigment : Re: Issue with multiplied pigment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:31:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Issue with multiplied pigment
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 1 Oct 2010 03:12:51
Message: <4ca589f3$1@news.povray.org>

> Hello,
>
> POV-Ray 3.7 beta 39, Windows XP
>
> I am multiplying a pigment by a color and applying it in a material.
> However in the renders the material with the multiplied pigment shows a
> pattern of dots. This problem disappears if no interpolation is used or
> if anti-aliasing is used. Although the problem can be easily fixed with
> anti-aliasing I would like to know if it is related to the way the
> material is implemented or maybe just the fact that I am using the beta.
> I reproduced the problem with tiff, jpg and tga maps.

   Yes, I can confirm this problem... I'm also suffering it when trying to
put the lightmaps into use. As you say, seems to be caused by interpolation
in the image_map. And it doesn't happens with 3.6 or MegaPOV.

   My solution for the moment is to use min() in the multiplying function:

   function { fp_texture(x,y,z).red * min(fp_lightmap(x,y,z).red,1) }

   Hope this helps for the moment...

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org