POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Wake (no spoilers) : Re: Alan Wake (no spoilers) Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:13:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Wake (no spoilers)
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Sep 2010 11:55:42
Message: <4ca4b2fe$1@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
>  > Myst and Riven and such, of course, were story driven.
>
> Backstory driven,

Fair enough. I wasn't really distinguishing the two, since (as in bioshock)
half the fun is figuring out the backstory.

Some of the later games have more of an active story to them.

Of course, in Thief, the story is told entirely in inter-level cutscenes,
too, since you're completely free to go anywhere and do anything in each
level (very sandboxy). So I don't know how much that counts either.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: