POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More web madness : Re: Another day Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:13:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another day
From: Invisible
Date: 28 Sep 2010 10:44:24
Message: <4ca1ff48@news.povray.org>
>> OK, so adding
>>
>>    @media print
>>    {
>>      img {max-width: 100%;}
>>    }
>>
>> causes all images to be scaled to fit the width of the paper.
>> Unfortunately the image height remains completely unchanged, wildly
>> distorting the image aspect ratio. (!)
>
> I get a pleasant result (at least in preview from Firefow) with
> img {max-width: 17cm; max-height: 24cm; background: white ;color:#000; }

This requires you to know what the dimensions of the paper are, and what
the correct aspect ratio of every image is. I'd prefer it if there were
some way to have the browser scale images in proportion, but I'm not
seeing any way of doing that.

> You might want to take care of page-break after title:
> h1 {  page-break-after:avoid}
> h2 {  page-break-after:avoid}
>
> At least it try to give some clue to the paging engine.

Isn't that part of the default CSS rules anyway? Certainly the
pagination looks fairly plausible right now.

> As well as printing the actual URL of link (because on paper, a printed
> visual of link is useless):
>
> a:link:after, a:visited:after{ content: " (" attr(href) ") ";
> font-size: 90% }

That's true - not that the correct document I'm working on contains any
links...