POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV-Ray Folder Structure : Re: POV-Ray Folder Structure Server Time
4 Jul 2024 14:28:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Folder Structure
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 23 Sep 2010 13:15:58
Message: <4c9b8b4e@news.povray.org>
To change the user profile location under Windows 7, look here:

http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php/2009/05/how-to-change-user-profile-default-location-in-windows-7/

However, this is a somewhat dangerous procedure and I wouldn't
recommend it unless you really know what your are doing. I'm also
not sure it solves your actual problem.

Regarding your problem of not being able to store the settings.
This shouldn't be the case, I had no such problem on 64 bit Win7.

How did you install POV-Ray? If you use the default settings,
you should install using the same account you later use to start
POV-Ray, not as administrator.

Do you find the program files under C:\Users?
Do you find the examples and ini files under C:\Users?
If you right-click on *.ini files and select properties,
which users have write access? Are they read-only?