POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 76% crazy : Re: 76% crazy Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 76% crazy
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 22 Sep 2010 16:17:35
Message: <4c9a645f$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/09/2010 07:41 PM, Mike Raiford wrote:
> On 9/22/2010 2:59 AM, Invisible wrote:
>
>> I especially love the way that MS Word is specifically designed to crash
>> most often WHILE SAVING YOUR WORK!
>
> Oh. That's nothing. MS Word will silently corrupt your document while
> saving, and keep that corruption intact the whole time, keeping it
> hidden until its time to reload the file (e.g. after Word crashed) Then
> all hell breaks loose and you wind up losing days worth of work on a
> document... Documenting APIs before using doc-comments to create help
> files sucked. ;)

Interestingly, I've seen a Word document which crashes Word every time
you touch it, yet it opens just fine in OpenOffice. Resave it and it
works perfectly in Word again.

Interesting that a group of hackers who don't even have access to the
spec managed to implement it better than the people who invented it, eh? :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/