POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 76% crazy : Re: 76% crazy Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 76% crazy
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Sep 2010 06:36:44
Message: <4c99dc3c$1@news.povray.org>
>> Oh, right. I couldn't tell; my PC was too busy dying. (Perhaps the VM
>> I was running this under has insufficient RAM?) All I know is that
>> Flash was doing that 10 years ago. I still don't see what all the fuss
>> is about.
>
> Because it's using the HTML5 canvas with Javascript so no need for
> Flash; bye-bye plugins and the "You need to download the latest version
> of Flash"

Right, but... why does it run at a crawl and utterly cripple the
browser? (In the end, I couldn't actually terminate Chrome; I just
terminated the entire VM - the equivalent of a hard shutdown.)

I'm all for new technology, but this one doesn't seem to enable you to
do anything interesting, and requires absurd amounts of computer power
to do what little it does.