POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 76% crazy : Re: 76% crazy Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 76% crazy
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Sep 2010 16:05:18
Message: <4c990ffe$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/09/2010 08:54 PM, Warp wrote:
> Orchid XP v8<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> I'm not arguing that vector graphics isn't useful. I'm arguing that it's
>> not useful *for photographs*.
>
>    Who ever suggested it to be used for photographs?

The page that linked to this image. They made it sound like "and even
better, there's plenty of programs to convert all your JPEG and PNG
images to SVG", like it's just another image format.

>    I got the impression that the purpose of the SVG was to show an artistic
> impression of the image (like if it was painted).

If that's your goal, then sure, that could work. It probably requires
more effort than just an automatic trace program though.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/