POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 76% crazy : Re: 76% crazy Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 76% crazy
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Sep 2010 15:27:36
Message: <4c990728@news.povray.org>

>>> Loaded just fine here in Chrome.  Nice pic. :-)
>>
>> Oh, it *loaded*. I mean, it took 25 seconds to load, but it did do it
>> eventually. (Ate quite a bit of CPU power too...) Getting the page to
>> repaint was even slower.
>
> True. :-)  "Loaded" to me, though, implies "didn't melt the browser".  :-)

I see. So "it took forever and the whole program became somewhat
unstable" isn't the same as "melted"? ;-)

>> I wanted to see if I could use SVG to generate gradient backgrounds. But
>> unfortunately, it seems this is currently unsupported.
>
> I don't know that all browsers support SVG, do they?

Apparently everything except IE supports SVG now, and IE supports it if
you install the right plugin. It's just that you have to jump through
hoops if you want to *embed* SVG inside something else (like, say... a
web page?)

Similar story for MathML, actually. Except with fewer hoops to jump
through... (I mean, other than "writing the ****ing MathML in the first
place".)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/