POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 76% crazy : Re: 76% crazy Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 76% crazy
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Sep 2010 15:25:21
Message: <4c9906a1@news.povray.org>
>> There are scenarios for which vector graphics is a clear win.
>> Photographs is definitely not one of them.
>
> how about being able to freely zoom in and out of a vectorization
> without image degration?
>
> not the case here, though...

Not the case ever, for photographs.

Now, if you wanted to represent the company logo, or some line art, or
some kind of chart, or any one of a bazillion other things, vector
graphics would be a big, big win.

>>> And if you want to create an SVG yourself, try eg. Inkscape.
>>
>> Yeah, I recently used this to draw some maps. It's infuriatingly
>> fiddly to use though.
>
> sometimes fiddling with the User Preferences dialog may save lots of
> effort.

Sometimes. I doubt it'll fix that issue where Inkscape just randomly
crashes sometimes and you loose all your work...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/