POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 76% crazy : Re: 76% crazy Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:13:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 76% crazy
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Sep 2010 11:46:39
Message: <4c98d35f$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/09/2010 04:42 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>> This may, uh, *melt* your web browser. (I suggest you don't try "view
>> source" either...)
>
> Loaded just fine here in Chrome.  Nice pic. :-)

Oh, it *loaded*. I mean, it took 25 seconds to load, but it did do it
eventually. (Ate quite a bit of CPU power too...) Getting the page to
repaint was even slower.

I found one website that used SVG for the background. Unfortunately that
means scrolling slows to a crawl. And it wasn't exactly a complex
background.

I wanted to see if I could use SVG to generate gradient backgrounds. But
unfortunately, it seems this is currently unsupported. You'd *think* you
could just make your image tags and CSS point to SVG files instead of
PNG or JPEG, but apparently that doesn't work. You have to insert the
XML into your XHTML (with the correct 3-page xmlns references and so
forth) or it doesn't work.

I'm *so* not bothering...