POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CSS can be fun : Re: CSS can be fun Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSS can be fun
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Sep 2010 08:57:14
Message: <4c98abaa$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/09/2010 01:50 PM, Invisible wrote:

> Yeah, I know, there's hardly anything ground-breaking in here.

I'm particularly pleased with how I managed to insert chevrons *between*
the links, but not before or after them. That look some figuring out.

(The trick is to do :before {content: " > ";} and then do
:first-child:before {content: "Navigation: ";}. You can even put
additional styling in there; I've put "Navigation" in bold, for example.)

Irritatingly, what you *cannot* do is content: " → ". This is
extremely frustrating, and currently I cannot find any way around this flaw.

> But if
> you look at my old website, it's all very HTML 2.0. I used CSS to make
> the background green instead of white, but that's about it.

http://www.orphi.me.uk/

Amusingly, if you click on the validator icons, the CSS validator has
moved to another URL so it doesn't work, and the HTML validator no
longer accepts my pages (which validated perfectly when I tested it a
few years ago). Nice how what were perfectly valid pages a year or two
ago are now no longer considered valid, eh? :-P