POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : grass blowing in the wind (animation) : Re: grass blowing in the wind (animation) Server Time
17 May 2024 00:53:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grass blowing in the wind (animation)
From: Tek
Date: 18 Sep 2010 12:23:41
Message: <4c94e78d@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> HOWEVER, the camera's bumpiness *is* done with a spline set-up--a
> 1-dimensional spline macro . I'm essentially using the spline as an array,
> just
> a holder of a certain number of random values.

Nice! Are the values actually random? Have you considered using perlin noise
instead? (i.e. f_spotted(x,0,0))
Much of my time with POV has been spent finding interesting uses for perlin
noise!

> The funny thing about this animated scene is that the cameraman's shadow
> is
> missing! I never even considered that little detail, but it's obvious to
> me now.

I had thought that, but the sun angle means it would have been out of shot
for most of the animation.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com